Our client is seeking an Assistant Manager, Business Controls to join their Governance Services team.
About the role:
- Review and draft policies and procedures in each of their operating jurisdictions. This will involve both independent research and working collaboratively with policy support contacts in each jurisdiction, to ensure that our policies and procedures are clear, effective and fully compliant with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct initial legal and regulatory mapping in response to changes in laws and regulations, to secure the compliance culture and identify areas where new or improved policies and procedures are required.
- Manage templates, checklists and processes across the business, so that these are up-to-date and as consistent and easy to use as possible. This will include assisting with template and checklist updates (including in response to change requests submitted by the team), obtaining approval in accordance with our governance procedures, and uploading the revised documents to our internal SharePoint site
- Experience in a relevant role at a regulated business
- Hold a suitable accounting, governance or legal qualification
- In addition to excellent written and verbal skills, we're looking for someone who has a genuine desire to help and support people. You should be able to demonstrate a focus on attention to detail and legal and regulatory analysis, as we'll be relying on you to help keep our business and teams operating in a safe and compliant way.
- They often work collaboratively, to secure the best outcome for our teams and our clients. You should be comfortable working as part of a team, as well as independently – taking charge of your own workload and proactively suggesting areas you'd like to get involved with. An interest in technology (such as enthusiasm for using new systems) is also a must.
- If you like solving problems, working with colleagues in other jurisdictions, making process improvements, helping others to excel, and getting an in-depth understanding of how a business operates, this is the role for you.
For more information, please contact Ben on 707811 or email your CV to email@example.com