Our client is seeking to appoint a Fund Accounting Manager. The Manager will be part of a team providing accounting and financial reporting services for established and new real estate and private equity funds and associated SPVs. This will involve liaison with the CFO and finance team of the funds, third parties (including auditors) and any other external advisors necessary to ensure all issues are resolved and deadlines are met. In addition, the candidate will also be involved in the take-on and setting-up of new clients coming into the team and there will also be a number of interesting and varied ad hoc projects.
This is a position best suited to a commercial yet technically minded qualified accountant.
- ACA or ACCA (or equivalent) qualified with 1-2 years PQE / have at least 10 years’ proven experience at FA level (if not qualified);
- Proven people management experience;
- Strong technical accounting skills, ideally gained within real estate funds or an asset management environment;
- A full understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS and other relevant accounting standards, and related preparation of statutory financial statements and auditor liaison;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedures manuals and performance measurement reports at asset and fund level;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence;
- Some experience of effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers and especially clients;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in supervising or coaching staff;
- Knowledge of Sun Systems and/or Yardi is an advantage but not essential.
For more information, please contact Ben on 01534 707811 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org