Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Manager.
They are passionate about process improvement and so we're looking for an experienced individual with a sound commercial acumen, ideally gained from working in the legal or accounting sectors to support the Service Line Heads for three Service Lines (Corporate/Banking and Finance/Funds or Dispute Resolution / Private Wealth / Local Legal Services) and the Executive Board members who have been assigned to work alongside those SLHs, to lead and drive the achievement of agreed business goals, while ensuring that the business remains profitable and competitive.
Working with the Service Line Heads and the Executive Board member, you'll be responsible for managing the cycle of constructing/renewing and reviewing and agreeing the service line business plans and associated budgets as well as taking the lead in coordinating the implementation of the agreed plan(s) to ensure that goals are met in the relevant timeframes, and within budget.
This includes liaising with partners and other stakeholders to:
- develop a key metrics dashboard to optimise management of the Service Lines
- facilitate the increase in income and improvement in net profit margins by analysing and reporting on data related to resources and measurements of performance e.g. profitability, lock up, team shape, resource allocation and utilisation
- increase income through:
- facilitating resource sharing between Service Line teams and between different Service Lines
- facilitating collaboration between the legal teams and the other divisions in the business
- use data to identify hotspots and undertake 1-2-1 discussions with specific Partners to understand issues/barriers, articulating these in a 'to the point' way for discussion and agreement on next steps by the Service Line Heads and relevant Executive Board member
- identify, explain and when agreed manage the continuous improvement of Service Line processes so that they are efficient and effective
- keep momentum behind agreed projects (in collaboration with the relevant Business Services lead where required)
- support the continuous cycle of performance management by working with Executive Support – Service Lines and monitoring performance management, learning and development platform (DWO), liaising with HR and the other Business Services Directors gathering feedback on key focus areas, and providing relevant supporting performance management data/information to drive a high performance culture
- collaborate with HR and Executive Support – Service Lines to ensure the successful integration of any senior hires through design and timely delivery of agreed onboarding, embedding and integration plans
Work with the Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives on relevant upstream strategic investigation and research; and work with the Strategic Implementation Director (or their delegate) on downstream strategic project implementation as it relates to the scope of the role.
For more information, please contact Jamie on 707812 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org